Republic Navy HQ
Welcome to the Official Republic Navy Website. We Are In the Process Of Rebuilding Our Guild. Please Register a Forums Account if You Have Not Already Done So. Note that We are Not Accepting Applications or Diplomacy at this Time.
Republic Navy HQ
Welcome to the Official Republic Navy Website. We Are In the Process Of Rebuilding Our Guild. Please Register a Forums Account if You Have Not Already Done So. Note that We are Not Accepting Applications or Diplomacy at this Time.
Republic Navy HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Navy HQ

Republic Navy Guild Web Site (Guild Leader: Xploiter. Faction: Galatic Republic. Server: To Be Announced)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Republic Navy Guild Website, Feel Free to Talk In Our Forums. We Are Currently In the Process Of Rebuilding Our Guild and this Site is Under Construction. We Are Not Accepting Applications or Engaging in Diplomatic Relations at this Time.

Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrblack0301

Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand Empty
PostSubject: Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand    Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand. "You might be surprised to have a rival some time. I can sharpen scissors, too. And I can beat the dents out of little pots. I could show you what a woman might do."

He put his hammer back in the oily box and shoved the little anvil out of sight. "It would be a lonely life for a woman, ma'am, and a scarey life, too, with animals creeping under the wagon all night." He climbed over the singletree, steadying himself with a hand on the burro's white rump. He settled himself in the seat, picked up the lines. "Thank you kindly, ma'am," he said. "I'll do like you told me; I'll go back and catch the Salinas road."

"Mind," she called, "if you're long in getting there, keep the sand damp."

"Sand, ma'am?. .. Sand? Oh, sure. You mean around the chrysanthemums. Sure I will." He clucked his tongue. The beasts leaned luxuriously into their collars. The mongrel dog took his place between the back wheels. The wagon turned and crawled out the entrance road and back the way it had come, along the river.

Elisa stood in front of her wire fence watching the slow progress of the caravan. Her shoulders were straight, her head thrown back, her eyes half-closed, so that the scene came vaguely into them. Her lips moved silently, forming the words "Good-bye--good-bye." Then she whispered, "That's a bright direction. There's a glowing there." The sound of her whisper startled her. She shook herself free and looked about to see whether anyone had been listening. Only the dogs had heard. They lifted their heads toward her from their sleeping in the dust, and then stretched out their chins and settled asleep again. Elisa turned and ran hurriedly into the house.

Hypnotherapy Melbourne
used ophthalmology equipment
Back to top Go down

Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand
Page 1 of 1